Monotouch port of Slider Navigation Controller (as found in Facebook and Path apps). - Github
Monotouch port of Flip Clock example, using Core Graphics and Core Animation to draw and animate the entire process. No images involved. - Github
Arduino MP3 Shield","desc":"C++ Library aimed at Sparkfun DEV-09736 MP3 shield (no SD card attachment). Using VS1053 chip - Github
Find Your Way @ Essex
FindYourWay@Essex is a campus navigator for students, staff and visitors for the University of Essex, UK. The app provides indoor and outdoor, building-to-building, multi-floor navigation and includes provisions for accessible routes. All of the content for routing and navigating is available offline and an Internet connection is only required when further information is linked to external web-sites. I worked on the 2.0+ version of the app, working from the existing code base.
Paid 2 Poop
What started out as an humorous conversation with friends, turned into an actual app! Rather simple iOS app which calculates how much money you earn over a short amount of time. App is in the Apple App Store; I primarily use it as a testbed for new iOS frameworks and programming practices.
Please note, some publishers require membership to access the full text.
- Bilgin, A., Dooley, J., Hagras, H., Henson, M., Whittington, L. et al., "Dynamic Profile Selection for zSlices based type-2 fuzzy agent controlling multi-user ambient intelligent environments". Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE), 2012. - (Link)
- Henson, M., Dooley, J., Whittington, L., et al., "Towards Simple and Effective Formal Methods for Intelligent Environments". In proceedings of the 8th International conference on Intelligent Envrironments 2012 (IE'12), Guanajuato, Mexico, 2012. - (Link)
- Henson, M., Dooley, J., Whittington, L., et al., "FollowMe: A Bigraph Approach.". In proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Reliability of Intelligent Environments (WoRIE), col-located with the 8th International conference on Intelligent Envrironments 2012 (IE'12), Guana, 2012. - (Link)
- Whittington, L., Dooley, J., Henson, M., et al., "Towards Realising User Profiles in Macro Intelligent Environments". In proceedings of the first Workshop On Large Scale Intelligent Environments (WOLSIE), col-located with the 8th International conference on Intelligent Envrironments 2012 (IE'12), Guanajuato, Mexico, 2012. - (Link)
- Whittington, L., Dooley, J. and Henson, M., "Our Future World(s)". ESTRO: Essex Student Research Online. Vol 5, Number 1. (2012) - (Link)
- Whittington, L., Dooley, J., Henson, M., Al-Ghamdi, A.A.-M. Towards Realising FollowMe User Profiles for Macro-Intelligent Environments. Computers 2013, 2, 132-151. - (Link)
My name is Luke Whittington, and I am a Phd candidate at the University of Essex and a freelance developer. I completed my undergraduate in Computer Science at the University of Essex in 2010; where I have continued on to undertake a PhD. My research work focuses on Middleware and Formalism in Intelligent Environments, whereas my development work focuses mainly on iOS and Android apps.
In the video to the left, you'll see one second of every day in my life throughout the summer of 2013.